تشخیص سوالات رایتینگ تسک 2 یک از مهم ترین مسائلی است که باید در رابطه با رایتینگ تسک 2 بدانید. در این مقاله اکسیری تعدادی زیادی از نمونه سوالات رایتینگ تسک دو آیلتس را برای شما جمع آوری کردیم. قصد ما این است که در روند آموزش آیلتس به شکلی کاملا حرفه ای در آکادمی اکسیر، شما با تکرار و تمرین بسیار، بر تشخیص سوالات رایتینگ تسک 2 مسلط شوید و یاد بگیرید که هر یک از این پرسش ها متعلق به کدام دسته هستند. طبعا
گفتیم که سوالات رایتینگ تسک دو آیلتس به سه دسته تقسیم می شود: یک سوالی ها، دو سوالی ها و سه سوالی ها. پس از مطالعه این مقاله و آشنا شدن با روند تشخیص سوالات رایتینگ تسک 2 آیلتس، در ادامه شما باید تشخیص بدهید هر کدام از این 180 سوال جزء کدام دسته هستند.
چند سوال اول را با هم انجام می دهیم اما تشخیص سوالات رایتینگ تسک 2 در خصوص باقی سوالات، به عهده خودتان است. البته ما یک Answer key یا کلید پاسخ هم برای این سوالات تهیه کردیم تا روند تشخیص سوالات رایتینگ تسک 2 آیلتس برای شما راحت تر شود.
تشخیص سوالات رایتینگ تسک 2 – سوال اول:
1) When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
گفتیم که کلمه های Extent ،Agree ،Disagree و Opinion بیانگر یک Essay Argumentative هستند.
تشخیص سوالات رایتینگ تسک 2 – سوال دوم:
2) Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment. Why is this happening, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem?
این سوال یک پرسش Non-argumentative + Non-argumentative است.
تشخیص سوالات رایتینگ تسک 2 – سوال سوم:
3) Some people think that schools should select students according to their academic abilities, while others believe that it is better to have students with different abilities studying together. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
این سوال یک پرسش سه سوالی با فرمول Argumentative + Non-argumentative + Non-argumentative است.
تشخیص سوالات رایتینگ تسک 2 – سوال چهارم:
4) Modern children are suffering from the diseases that were once considered to be meant for adults only. Obesity is a major disease prevalent among children. What are its causes and what solutions can be offered?
این یک پرسش دو سوالی Non-argumentative + Non-argumentative است. Non-argumentative اول از شما Cause، و Non-argumentative دوم از شما Solution را میخواهد.
تشخیص سوالات رایتینگ تسک 2 – سوال پنجم:
5) Public libraries should only provide books and should not waste their limited resources on expensive high-tech media such as software, videos or DVDs. Do you agree or disagree?
این سوال یک پرسش یک سوالی Argumentative است.
تشخیص سوالات رایتینگ تسک 2 – سوال ششم:
6) In many countries children are engaged in different kinds of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it a valuable work experience, important for learning and taking responsibility. What is your opinion?
این سوال هم مثل سوال پنجم یک پرسش یک سوالی Argumentative است.
تمرین های تشخیص سوالات رایتینگ تسک 2
در ادامه نوبت شماست که دست به تشخیص سوالات رایتینگ تسک 2 آیلتس بزنید! ابتدا نوع این سوال ها را مشخص کنید، سپس روی answer sheet علامت بزنید و در انتها answer key را چک کنید. اگر در تشخیص این سوالات مشکل دارید مقاله اکسیری «انواع سوالات رایتینگ تسک 2 آیلتس» را حتما مطالعه کنید.
7) Some people think that spending a lot on holding wedding parties, birthday parties and other celebrations is just a waste of money. Others, however, think that these are necessary for individuals and the society. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8) Even though globalization affects the world’s economies in a positive way, its negative side should not be forgotten. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
9) In some countries children have very strict rules of behavior, in other countries they are allowed to do almost anything they like. To what extent should children have to follow rules?
10) Even though globalization affects the world’s economies in a very positive way, its negative side should not be forgotten. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
11) Financial education should be a mandatory component of the school program. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
12) Improvements in health, education and trade are essential for the development of poorer nations. However, the governments of richer nations should take more responsibility for helping the poorer nations in such areas. What is your opinion?
13) Popular events like the Football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tension and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
14) As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. To what extend do you agree?
15) Some people think that all children should learn geography in school. However, some others think that learning subjects more relevant to life is more important. What is your opinion?
16) The birth rate in most developed countries is predicted to begin to fall over the next 50 years. By 2030 it is estimated that over one third of the population in most developed countries will be aged 65 and over. What effects will these predictions have on developed countries if they prove true? What can be done now to deal with this situation?
17) Some people believe that children should be allowed to stay at home and play until they are six or seven years old. Others believe that it is important for young children to go to school as soon as possible. What do you think are the advantages of attending school from a young age?
18) It is generally accepted that families are not as close as they used to be. Give some reasons why this change has happened and suggest how families could be brought closer together.
19) Some people believe that children’s leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time. Do you agree or disagree?
20) In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it a valuable work experience, which is important for learning and taking responsibility. What is your opinion?
21) When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
22) Millions of people every year move to English-speaking countries such as Australia, Britain or America, in order to study at school, college or university. Why do so many people want to study in English? Why is English such an important international language?
23) Some governments say how many children a family can have in their country. They may control the number of children someone has through taxes. It is sometimes necessary and right for a government to control the population in this way. Do you agree or disagree?
24) The position of women in society has changed markedly in the last twenty years. Many of the problems young people now experience, such as juvenile delinquency, arise from the fact that many married women now work and are not at home to care for their children. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
25) Without capital punishment (the death penalty) our lives are less secure and crimes of violence increase. Capital punishment is essential to control violence in society. Do you agree or disagree?
26) “Prevention is better than cure.” Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
27) “Fatherhood ought to be emphasized as much as motherhood. The idea that women are solely responsible for deciding whether or not to have babies leads on to the idea that they are also responsible for bringing up their children.” To what extent do you agree or disagree?
28) It has been said, “Not everything that is learned is contained in books.” Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?
29) We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers. They are used in businesses, hospitals, crime detection and even to fly planes. What things will they be used for in the future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more auspicious of their benefits?
30) The widespread use of the Internet has brought many problems. What do you think are the main problems associated with the use of the web? What solutions can you suggest?
31) Some cultures value old age while others value young age. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
32) Smoking should be banned in all public places. What is your opinion?
33) Some people think that planning for future is a waste of time. They believe it is more important to focus on the present. Do you agree or disagree?
34) With more and more people communicating via computers and mobile telephones, there is a real danger that we are losing the ability to communicate with others face to face. What is your opinion?
35) Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads. To what extend do you agree?
36) An increasing number of us travel abroad for tourism these days and this ruins the destination we love to visit. How is it ruined and what can be done to stop this destruction?
37) There has been an increasing number of anti-social behaviors in recent years. Who is to blame for this and how can it be tackled?
38) Should close relatives be involved in the education of children?
39) Should college education be free, or should university students be required to pay tuition fees?
40) Although countries with long average working hours are economically successful, this often has some negative social consequences. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
41) Some people prefer to live in a house, while others think that there are more advantages living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to living in a house rather than in an apartment?
42) Most developed countries spend a large proportion of their health budgets on expensive medical technology and procedures. This money should be spent instead on health education to keep people well. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
43) Financial education should be mandatory component of the school program. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
44) The range and quality of food that we can buy has changed because of technological and scientific advances. Some people regard this change as an improvement, while others believe that it is harmful. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
45) Some people prefer to spend their time with friends and family while other people prefer to be alone. Which way of life do you prefer?
46) Some argue that government should take care of the disadvantaged people such as the unemployed and needy. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
47) Many modern children spend a great deal of time sitting in front of a television or computer screen. This is extremely harmful to their development. Therefore, parents should strictly limit the time that children spend in this way. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
48) Some people believe that money is everything in today’s life, however some say it is not. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
49) “Everybody should be allowed admission to university study programs regardless of their academic ability.” To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
50) Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves?
51) Some business prohibits smoking in any of their offices. Some governments have banned smoking in all public places. Do you agree or disagree?
52) Capital punishment should be a part of country law. Do you agree or disagree?
53) Now there is an increased work–related stress. Explain the causes and describe possible solutions.
54) Scientists contribute more to society, so scientific students should get more support. Do you agree or disagree?
55) Many people choose to learn practical subjects, therefore theoretical subjects will no longer be taught in universities. Do you agree or disagree?
56) Children in many countries are eating more fast food and convenience snacks. Why are children doing this and how serious are the consequences?
57) Nowadays many students have the opportunity to study for part or all of their courses in foreign countries. While studying abroad brings many benefits to individual students, it also has a number of disadvantages. Do the benefits outweigh the drawbacks?
58) Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
59) A healthy person is often described as someone who has a good diet, gets lots of exercise, and avoids stress. To what extent do you agree?
60) Some people feel that the responsibility for providing education should be borne only by the government and while others consider private education to be more practical. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
61) Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer. What, in your opinion, should be the main function of a university?
62) Some people think that policeman should be armed. Others prefer the police to remain unarmed. Discuss both points of view and give your opinion.
63) Some people believe that university graduates should pay the full cost of their education. Others say that university education should be free. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
64) Today, the youth are experimenting both legal and illegal drugs, and at an increasingly early age. Discuss the causes of widespread drug use by young people in modern day society. Make any recommendations you feel are necessary to help fight youth drug abuse.
65) Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
66) We need more female leaders in Politics to reduce violence. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
67) Some people think women should be allowed to join the army, the navy and the air-force just like men. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
68) Some people feel that certain workers like nurses, doctors and teachers are undervalued and should be paid more, when other people like film actors or company bosses are paid huge sums of money that are out of proportion to the importance of the work that they do. Do you agree?
69) Blood sports have become a hot topic for debate in recent years. As society develops, it is increasingly seen as an uncivilized activity and cruel to the helpless animals that are killed. All blood sports should be banned. What’s your opinion?
70) The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities today is by reducing the need for people to travel from home for work, education or shopping. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
71) As most people spend a major part of their adult life at work, job satisfaction is an important element of individual well-being. What factors contribute to job satisfaction? How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction for all workers?
72) In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?
73) In some societies, stress is now regarded as a major problem, and it is thought that people suffer from more stress than they did in the past. However, others feel that the amount of stress people have today is exaggerated. They say that previous generations were under more pressure. Discuss both these views and give your opinions.
74) Because of the pressure of new subjects such as business studies, many schools have dropped sport or physical education (PE) from the curriculum. How important is sport or PE in a young person’s education? What are the consequences of this drop?
75) Nowadays, the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people have? Has this become a positive or negative development?
76) In many countries, when someone gets old, they often go to retirement homes. Sometimes, governments pay for this care and some other times, their children. Who should be responsible for our old people?
77) Despite health warnings, a large number of people continue to smoke all over the world. Why should we be concerned about this? What solutions would you suggest?
78) In some countries today, there is an attitude that “anyone can do it” in the arts, music, literature, acting, art, etc. Do you agree or disagree?
79) What are the pros and cons of using the internet as a source of information?
80) Popular events like the football world cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
81) People naturally resist making changes in their lives. What benefits does flexibility have and what problems inflexibility can make?
82) Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. Discuss both views and giver your opinion.
83) People in developed countries have the tendency to buy more and more things whether they need it or not. Is it a positive or negative development?
84) It is inevitable that as technology advances, traditional cultures will be lost. It seems that we cannot have these two things together. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
85) Many countries are spending a huge amount of money on supporting their competitors to take part in some worldwide sports competitions. Others argue that it would be better if these countries can spend the money on children to take part in sports. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
86) In order for the media to communicate information, which way do you consider more effective, Television or the Internet?
87) Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that circumstances of an individual crime and the motivation for committing it should always be taken into account. Discuss both side and give your opinion.
88) As most people spend a major part of their life at work, job satisfaction is an important element of individual well-being. What factors contribute to job satisfaction? How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction for all workers?
89) Aircraft use more fuel than cars and produces more pollution. Some people suggest the non essential use of aircraft like international travel should be discouraged. Do you agree or disagree?
90) Children are facing more pressures nowadays from academic, social and commercial perspectives. What are the causes of these pressures and what measures should be taken to reduce these pressures?
91) With the rise in popularity of the Internet, newspapers will soon become a thing of the past. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
92) Many people choose to study practical subjects, therefore theoretical subjects will be no longer be taught in universities. Do you agree or disagree?
93) Examine the arguments in favor and against animal experiments and come to a conclusion in this issue.
94) Some people think that human needs for farmland, housing and industry are more important than saving land for endangered animals. Do you agree or disagree with this point of view?
95) The consumption of natural resources is increasing. What are the reasons for this? Suggest some solutions to the problem.
96) The burning of oil for transport especially in private cars is wasteful and environmentally irresponsible. Taxation on petrol and diesel fuel should be increased to very high level to discourage the use of private cars. To what extent would you support or reject this idea?
97) In order to reduce crime, we need to attack the causes of crime such as poverty and lack of educational opportunities. It is not enough to simply have more police on the street and put more people into prison. Do you agree or disagree?
98) In some countries, young people have little leisure time and are under a lot of pressure to work hard in their studies. What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest?
99) Some people think that we can use as much fresh water as we want. Others think that fresh water supply should be controlled strictly by governments as the sources are limited. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
100) Some people are concerned that children spend too much time on computers – playing games, chatting and watching videos. In what ways can it be destructive? Are there any benefits to this?
101) As mass communication and transport continue to grow, societies are becoming more and more alike leading to a phenomenon known as globalization. Some people fear that globalization will inevitably lead to the total loss of cultural identity. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
102) Scientists and the news media are presenting ever more evidence of climate change. In order to solve the problem, who is responsible, in your point of view, individuals or the government?
103) Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things that we really do not need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives. Discuss both these view and give your opinion.
104) In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this.
105) Financial education should be mandatory component of the school program. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
106) Technology and tradition are incompatible; you cannot have both together. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
107) Using a computer every day can have both negative and positive effects on children. Which one do you think outweighs?
108) Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
109) Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome culture differences. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
110) Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
111) Serious culture, including music, art and theatre, is badly neglected by the government and the media. This is making our society shallower. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
112) How important are staff working conditions? Should employers research and improve the working conditions of their staff or should they concentrate more on their product?
113) Working and living abroad helps us to know other cultures well. What are the positive and negative impacts of this on our lives?
114) Examine the arguments against and for vegetarianism and come to a conclusion.
115) Working abroad can help employees earn a great deal of money and gain more benefits. However, some people think this trend has many drawbacks and difficulties. Discuss the pros and cons and state which one outweighs.
116) Some people think that extreme sports such as base jumping, bull riding and scuba diving should be banned. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
117) Some parents grow their children in strict discipline while others leave them free to learn lessons of lives on their own. Which one of these is a better approach?
118) Computers can easily do all the basic and advanced calculations. Do you think your children should spend more time learning basic mathematics or advanced computer technology?
119) Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
120) Machine Translation (MT) is slower and less accurate than human translation and there is no immediate or predictable likelihood of machines taking over this role from humans. Do you agree or disagree?
121) Many newspapers and magazines feature stories about the private lives of famous people. We know what they eat, where they buy their clothes and who they love. We also often see pictures of them in private situations. Is it ethical that a magazine or newspaper spread this kind of private information about people?
122) Some people consider computers to be more of a hindrance than a help. How could computers be considered a hindrance?
123) Modern lifestyles mean that many parents have little time for their children. Many children suffer because they do not get as much attention from their parents as children did in the past. Do you agree or disagree?
124) Some people believe that pupils with similar talents and interests should be put in classes. For example, low IQ students in one class and high IQ in another. What are the benefits and drawbacks of doing so?
125) In many countries children are engaged in different kinds of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it a valuable work experience, important for learning and taking responsibility. What is your opinion?
126) Some people believe the aim of university education is to help graduates get better jobs. Others believe there are much wider benefits of university education for both individuals and society. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
127) Some people think that teachers at school are more responsible for children’s intellectual and social development than parent. What is your personal opinion?
128) Cultural tourism, where people travel in order to visit museums, monuments and archaeological sites among other things, is a growing industry. Having so many visitors may sometimes benefit a nation’s cultural heritage, but can also cause problems. What are the benefits and what problems it can make?
129) Countries should produce the food that their population eats, and import as little as possible. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
130) Some people think that it is important to use leisure time for activities that improve the mind, such as reading and doing word puzzles. Other people feel that it is important to rest the mind during leisure time. What do you think?
131) In many countries schools are open before and after normal hours so children of working parents can stay longer at school. Do you think there are more advantages or disadvantages to this approach?
132) There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the International music that is heard everywhere nowadays?
133) The idea of having a single career is becoming an old fashioned one. The new fashion will be to have several careers or ways of earning money. Do you agree?
134) We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers. They are used in businesses, hospitals, crime detection and even to fly planes. What things will they be used for in the future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more auspicious of their benefits?
135) Should parents be obliged to immunize their children against childhood diseases? Or do individuals have the right to choose not to immunize their children?
136) Some people believe that studying at university or college is the best route to a successful career, while others believe that it is better to get a job straight after school. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
137) Soon people who cannot work with computers will be disadvantaged. To what extent do you agree or disagree with idea?
138) What is academic success for high school students? What factors are related to this success?
140) The migration of people to cities is one of the biggest problems facing the world’s cities today. Discuss the main causes. What solutions could be used to tackle this situation?
141) Some people prefer to work for a large company. Others prefer to work for a small company. Which would you prefer?
142) People’s character is influenced by environment rather than genetics. Do you agree or disagree?
143) Some people see that university education is essential for successful life, while others don’t find it true. Discuss both the views and give your opinion.
144) Although modern life has brought improvements in people’s standard of living, people are not generally happy with their lives. Do you agree or disagree?
145) People nowadays put more emphasis on social skills. Some people believe that social skills are more important in addition to good qualification for job success. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
146) Some people think that parents should teach children how to be a good member of the society. Others, however, believed that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
147) What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? What about a bad one?
148) Should criminals be sent to prison or should they do something else as a punishment?
149) What’s the relationship between being an artist and famous? Is every artist necessary famous?
150) In many countries, the proportion of older people is steadily increasing. Does this trend have more negative effects or positive effects on society?
151) Some people think that children should learn to compete in the world, but others think the children should be taught to cooperate so as to become more useful to society. State your reasons from both sides and give your opinion.
152) Nowadays, environmental problems are too big to be managed by individual persons or individual countries. In other words, it is an international problem. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
153) Going overseas for university study is an exciting prospect for many people. But while it may offer some advantages, it is probably better to stay home because of the difficulties a student inevitably encounters living and studying in a different culture. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
154) Nowadays people prefer to follow sports events on TV rather than take part in sports themselves. Do you think this is a positive or a negative development?
155) Today’s food travels thousands of miles before it reaches customers. Why is this? Is this a positive or negative trend?
156)Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent you agree or disagree?
157) Full time university students spend most of the time studying. They should be doing other activities too. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
158) In many countries schools have severe problems with student behavior. What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest?
159) In many cities crime is increasing. Why do you think this is happening? What can governments do to help reduce crime levels?
160) Even though globalization affects the world’s economics in a very positive way, its negative side should not be forgotten. Do you agree or disagree?
161) In the past, people used to travel to many places to see difference from their country. Now all the places around the world are getting more and more similar. Do you think the advantages of this similarity overweigh the disadvantages?
162) Biotechnology companies all over the world are developing different types of genetically modified (GM) crops. However, not enough is known about these crops on our health and the environment. Interfering with nature in this way should be prohibited. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
163) Children over 15 years old should be allowed to take their own decision without any interference from their parents. Do you agree or disagree?
164) Creative artists should always be given the freedom to express their own ideas (in words, pictures, music or film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
165) It has been proved that smoking kills. In some countries it has been made illegal for people to smoke in all public places except in certain areas. All countries should make these rules. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
166) Some people think it would be a good idea for schools to teach every young person how to be a good parent. Do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Describe the skills a person needs to be a good parent.
167) It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
168) The costs of international travel are decreasing and tourism is growing. What are the advantages and disadvantages of increasing tourism activity in different countries?
169) University lecturer is now able to put their lectures on the internet for students to read and so the importance of attending face to face lectures has been reduced. Do you believe the use of internet in formal education is a good idea? What future effects will internet have on education?
170) Happiness is considered very important in life. Why is it difficult to define? What factors are important in achieving happiness?
171) Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
172) Although zoos are interesting and amusing places for us, they could be harmful and cruel to animals. What are the advantages and disadvantages of having zoos?
173) Nowadays, children play less with one another and this has an impact on their development. What are the reasons for this? Does it have a good or a bad effect on children?
174) In some countries people pay different rates of tax depending on their salary; in other countries, everyone pays the same rate. Which do you believe is the best system?
175) Being a celebrity – such as famous film star or sports personality – bring problems as well as benefits. Do you think that being a celebrity brings more benefits or more problems?
176) Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. Thy say that the only way to increase recycling is for government to make it a legal requirement. To what extend do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their waste?
177) Some people say that the only reason for learning a foreign language is in order to travel to or work in a foreign country. Others say that these are not the only reasons why someone should learn a foreign language. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
178) Many governments think that economic progress is their most important goal. Some people, however, think that other types of progress are equally important for a country. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
179) Some parents buy a large number of toys for their children. What are the pros and cons of doing so?
180) Some people believe that history is one of the most important school subjects but others thing in today’s world, subjects like Science and Technology are more important. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
181) In spite of advances made I agriculture, many people around the world still go hungry. Why is this case? What can be done about this problem?